Photo by Nick Morrison on Unsplash
Welcome to RStudio Community Monthly Events Roundup, where we update you on upcoming virtual events happening at RStudio this month. Missed the great talks and presentations from last month? Find them listed under ICYMI: April 2022 Events.
You can subscribe to the Community Events Calendar so that new events will automatically appear on your calendar. Please note that by subscribing, all of the events in the calendar will appear on your own calendar. If you wish to add individual events instead, please use the links below.
We can’t wait to see you there!
Save the Date
- May 5, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Rachel Poulsen, Cloud Systems Data Science Lead at Google Cloud (add to calendar)
- May 12, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Wayne Jones, Principal Data Scientist at Shell (add to calendar)
- May 17, 2022 at 12 ET: R for Clinical Study Reports & Submission | Led by Yilong Zhang, PhD at Merck (add to calendar)
- May 19, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Lindsey Clark, Director of Data Science at Healthcare Bluebook (add to calendar)
- May 25, 2022 at 12 ET: Optimizing Shiny for enterprise-grade apps | Led by Veerle Van Leemput at Analytic Health (add to calendar)
- May 26, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Alice Walsh, VP, Translational Research at Pathos (add to calendar)
- June 1, 2022 at 12 ET: Using Python with RStudio Team | Led by David Aja at RStudio (add to calendar)
- June 2, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Travis Gerke, Director of Data Science at PCCTC (add to calendar)
- June 7, 2022 at 12 ET: Making microservices a part of your data science team | Led by Tom Schenk & Bejan Sadeghian at KPMG (add to calendar)
- June 9, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with…you?! (reach out to Rachael Dempsey)
- June 14, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Healthcare Meetup: Translating facts into insights at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia | Led by Jake Riley (add to calendar)
- June 16, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with David Meza, AIML R&D Lead, People Analytics at NASA (add to calendar)
Data Science Hangout
The Data Science Hangout is a weekly, free-to-join open conversation for current and aspiring data science leaders to connect and chat about some of the more human-centric questions around data science leadership. These happen every Thursday at 12 ET with a different leader featured each week.
The conversation is all audience-based and you can jump on whenever it fits your schedule. Add the weekly hangouts to your calendar on AddEvent and check out the website with all the recordings.
A few other things:
- All are welcome - no matter your industry/experience
- No need to register for anything
- It’s always okay to join for part of a session
- You can just listen-in if you want
- You can ask anonymous questions too!
We also host industry meetups for teams to share the work they are doing within their organizations, teach lessons learned, and network with others. Join the group on Meetup.
ICYMI: April 2022 Events
- April 7, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Jenny Listman, Director of Research at Statespace
- April 12, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Finance Meetup: Robust, modular dashboards that minimize tech debt | Led by Alan Carlson at Snap Finance
- April 14, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Joseph Korszun, Manager of Data Science at ProCogia
- April 21, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Tegan Ashby, Senior Developer, Basketball Systems at the Brooklyn Nets and Co-Founder of Women in Sports Data
- April 26, 2022 at 12 ET: Championing Analytic Infrastructure | Led by Kelly O’Briant at RStudio
- April 28, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Daren Eiri, Director of Data Science at Arrowhead General Insurance Agency
- May 3, 2022 at 4 ET: Shiny modularization, Leaflet for R and Leaflet JS extensions with Epi-interactive | Led by Dr Uli Muellner and Nick Snellgrove at Epi-interactive (coming soon)
Call for Speakers
If you’re interested in sharing your work at a Meetup (or just starting to consider it for a future date down the road!), please fill out the speaker submission form. We’re always looking for a diverse set of speakers — if you are a member of a group that is underrepresented in data science, including people of color, those with disabilities, elders/older adults, LGBTQ folks, and women/minority genders, we highly encourage you to submit!