Local Background Jobs in RStudio with James Blair
James covers a set of resources from solutions.rstudio.com which discuss local and remote background jobs - complete with practical examples.
- What's the difference between Local Jobs and Launcher Jobs (pro)?
- When are local background jobs useful? Example: Shiny App Job, Example: Running a Simulation Locally
- When are external Launcher jobs useful?
- Guide to Background and Launcher Jobs
- RStudio 1.2 Preview: Jobs article (including review of job options), by Jonathan McPherson
- Source code for all of the model management components is available in the sol-eng/model-management repository on GitHub.